Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

Ryan and I were talking about how 9/11 will be the highlight of our generation; like how our parents remember where they were when JFK was shot or how our grandparents talk about Pearl Harbor. So we thought we would share what we were doing that morning....

Ryan was in the shower getting ready for school listening to Z103 in Idaho Falls, Id and heard them talking about how the first tower was hit. By the time he got out of the shower and turned on the TV, the second building had been hit as well.

I was in my kitchen getting lunch or breakfast ready when my dad told us to come into the living room and watch the news. I sat there with some of family and watched the two towers get hit and collapse. My dad told us that he didn't care that we were going to be late to school. When we finally arrived at school, every class room was watching the news and playing those terrible scenes over and over again.

My family and I went to New York when we were little and it was weird to look at the pictures and realize that those buildings were gone and so many things were about to change. We are so thankful to live in a country with all the freedoms that we have! GOD BLESS AMERICA

1 comment:

  1. My mom woke me up that morning to watch the news too. I had Dr Crowder first thing and we watched the news nearly all period. Nobody could focus on anything that morning. It was that way with Columbine too. It is good to remember though because it helps us be truly thankful for what we do have.

    ReplyDelete