Monday, April 2, 2012

Back to Reality

Where to start... This last month I was on a month long vacation. I spent a few weeks at my sister's house in Indiana and my younger sister even came out and stayed a week and played with us. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed playing outside.


Paige also loved following her cousins around and playing with them. Then if things couldn't get better, Ryan had a week off of work. We had to go back to Kirksville for a couple of days for end of the year testing. It was fun to go back to Missouri and see our friends.


We were going to enjoy the rest of spring break by going to Canada and then to New York but the weather said it was going to SNOW so we stayed home and it was perfect. It was fun to wake up to the sound of Paige and Ryan laughing in the morning. And it was nice not to have to change all those diapers.... Well all great things come to an end... Ryan is back working at the hospital and its just Paige and I here at home.


Today Paige is 11 months! She has four teeth coming in. In four short weeks she will be ONE! In one year Ryan will be completely done with rotations and we will be enjoying a month and a half vacation before graduation in May. I can't believe how fast time goes by. Paige is changing so much. She is almost crawling. She'll crawl a couple of times and then resort to scooting. I think she likes it better because her hands are free to do and hold whatever she wants. She pulls her herself on to everything and walks along it until she reaches the end and then goes back and forth. She will let go and stand up by herself for 30 seconds. Ryan and I are constantly yelling at each other, "Look at Paige! Hurry! Did you see that?" Paige is so funny. She jabbers all day and waves and points her finger at us. I can't wait until she actually forms words and sentences cause I can only image what she is telling us.


She is still an amazing eater. We bought some baby food for her because we thought it would be easy to give her while traveling. She hated it. She ate it but made faces the whole time. She only eats table food and we are so excited to give up formula next month. We are testing out sippy cups and are trying to have her off her bottle soon. Also we are phasing the pacifer. We only use it for naps and bed time.

I can't believe my baby is becoming a toddler. In one week Paige went from rolling around her crib, to sitting up, to standing up, to falling out! We lowered her crib. We baby proofed the cabinet because Paige was getting into stuff under the sink.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa AApril 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM

    We absolutely love that baby and can't believe how fast this year has gone by! xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige is so cute!! My girls talk about her all the time. Thanks for the fun time in Kville too. Let me know if you want to hang out this week. Ryanne is on spring break so I don't have to be back for school.

    ReplyDelete