Monday, November 9, 2009

Train Reaction

Quick story for those who haven't heard.... Last week I took the Amtrak train, that has a station by Kirksville, and rode it to Michigan to visit my sister while Ryan gets ready for his first term finals!! Well the train was pretty fun riding it to Chicago and then from Chicago to Ann Arbor (where my sister lives). We were almost to my train depot when the train stopped. We looked around and realized we weren't at a station. The conductor came over the intercom and told us he had to turn off the power and restart it, it will only be a few minutes and then we'll get going again. When he shut off the power people started getting worried and telling all the horror stories that they have heard from friends that have riden the trains. 'One time my friends train hit a deer and they had to stop and clean the tracks off' another person brought up the train that hit a car full of teenagers in Michigan during the summer and killed them. Then someone started joking about if WE hit a car! We all laughed and said we didn't feel anything, we'd know if we hit a car.... Well WE DID HIT A CAR!! A car stalled on the train track, luckily the driver jumped out and wasn't injured. We had to wait for the cops and fire truck to arrive to take statements and get all the passengers information. We were getting ready to leave when more cops arrived. Some lady had jumped off the train and called the cops. She had told them false alligations that were happening on the train. So we had to wait for them to do their investigation. A hour and a half later we started again. It only took 10 more minutes to get to my drop off location! Just my luck, we hit a car down the street from the train station!
We I am enjoying my vacation. Loving all the shopping that me and my sister have done and am so tired from running around with all the kids!

1 comment:

  1. that is way too funny. how many people can tell that story???

    ReplyDelete