Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We Survived

The storm hit and man did it hit!!! Ryan went to school yesterday (Tuesday) and they cancelled class at lunch and we closed the pharmacy so I didn't have to work the rest of the day. And thank goodness... I was talking to my dad as I was driving home and the storm was starting to rage. I couldn't see very far down the street and almost couldn't make it up the small hill to our house.
Luckily I made it home, grabbed me something to eat and went to look out the window and because it was so windy, my foot prints were already GONE!

The snow and the wind blew all night long and created some pretty big drifts... All night we would go look out our back door and watch the drift on our patio grow taller and taller. The snow in our drive way was taller than the bumper of our cars, so we were definitely snowed in :)


Thankfully they came about nine this morning and shoveled the walk way to everyones door and around all the cars and the parking lot. We hurried and measured the snow before it was moved and it was over 18 inches!!

So today we are enjoying siting in our pjs, no work no school, and watching HGTV. Life is good :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I've never seen that much snow before! That is crazy!

    Enjoy your snowed in day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! that is so cool! I hate snow though! haha Have fun in your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete