Thursday, July 21, 2011

Moms Day Off

So I learned a lesson yesterday... Moms don't get days off!! If I am sick, I still have to work :(

Yesterday I woke up and had a terrible stomach ache. So I didn't eat breakfast cause I thought that would make it worse. As the day went on I thought maybe I have a stomach ache cause I haven't eaten, so I ate a bowl of cereal... IT DIDN'T HELP!! IT MADE IT WORSE!! As I was taking care of Paige, meaning she was playing on the ground and I was curled up on the couch, I was counting down until Ryan was going to be home.

Luckily Ryan only had a half day and Paige, Ryan, and I laid down and took a 3 hour nap together. Thank goodness for husbands and block out blinds. It was great that I was able to take a nap and it helped a little. Ryan left for a couple of hours to help a family move and the chills hit me. My body became so achy and weak and I was freezing in almost 100 degree heat! As I was giving Paige her bath, I wanted so badly to jump in and have a bubble bath too. Once again I found myself counting down until Ryan came home so that I could hand Paige over and relax in the bath. Finally right before we went to bed, 12 hours since my bowl of cereal, I finally had an appetite and ate a piece of toast.

Lets just say I am thankful for such a sweet baby that will entertain herself and a husband that only had a half day of work!

Lesson learned :)

5 comments:

  1. A stark reality that hits soon after you start caring for your first sweet little one. Hope your feeling better! And congrats on your new little one she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry . . . you'll have plenty of those lessons :) But in the end it is all worth it. You're just lucky you have a beautiful angel and a good husband. Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug but it really took a toll on me. It was one of those days you just want to lie in bed and eat ice cream out of the carton. But you have to get up and feed and change and play with the cutest girl EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have called me girl! I would have come up there! Sorry you were sick, hope today you feel much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new banner at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete