Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Doctor Version vs Husband Version

Yesterday was Ryan's first day of pediatrics. After he came home I asked how his day was and he told me this little story...

"I got to watch a c-section today. We were waiting in another room, so we could take him after he was born, while the ob was doing the procedure. There was a large window so we could see inside. As I was watching the procedure, I looked at the dad. He was sitting by his wife's head behind the curtain. As they were pulling the baby out, I quickly glanced at the him and he was so excited! He was telling
his wife about the baby."

The story goes on...


"Lisa, I almost shed a tear. Those are the good moments!"




Later that night, we had some friends over for dinner. Both of them being doctors/ and starting a new rotation as well, asked Ryan about his day. He started the story the same way with talking about the c-section but left out the mushy stuff and threw in some medical terms...


I just thought it was sweet. I love that Ryan is so smart and even though he can get real busy with medical school, he is still human. He still remembers how he felt when Paige was born and the excitement that came over him. Ryan, you are a fantastic dad and you are going to be an amazing doctor!!



1 comment:

  1. how sweet! I love those moments too. Congrats on your court date! What an exciting time. Being sealed to your baby will be such an amazing experience. I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete