Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our lil' sweet PEA

ok- so I better back track and start from the beginning... Ryan and I have been trying to have a family since we moved to Missouri. After several fertility treatments and a year later we reached a point in which our next option was in vitro. We discussed adoption but thought we would do that later in life. Through mutual contacts we found a family that was going through LDS Family Services and looking for an adoptive couple for their baby girl. After a lot of prayer, long conversations, and A LOT of thinking, we knew that this baby was meant for us! March 1st we started the paperwork with the LDS agent in Columbia. We were lucky that everything went smoothly and quickly since the due date was April 24th. At first we only planned on me coming to get Paige but Ryan was able to get a last minute ticket to come out for the weekend and see her for a couple of hours on Monday. We are so happy and even though it hasn't even been 24 hours, I couldn't imagine our lives with out her! So there is the rough story of how things happened. Thanks to those who helped keep our little secret :) Oh and here is the pictures that everyone wants!!!





When we got to the hospital they had just brought Paige to the nursery. We hurried and got our bracelets so we could take her to a room. They asked if we wanted her bathed and we said NO we only had a short time before Ryan and his parents had to leave. We were able to spend about a hour loving her together as a family before Ryan left.






4 comments:

  1. I love the picture with you kissing Paige and your mom kissing you. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures! How neat!! I have been waiting for you to announcing it on here!!

    I love the pics of your mom and you and Paige kissing! so sweet!!

    I am soooo excited to meet her!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry everytime I look at the pictures. What a wonderful blessing for you two! Thanks for sharing so many pictures and letting us visit you and Paige before you head home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so awesome at keeping that secret...I am just so happy and excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete