Monday, May 9, 2011

Week One

We have survived the first week!!! It has been a long couple of weeks. It was mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting waiting for her to come and then going through the adoption process. Some times I look over to my mom and ask if she is crying... don't worry we both do. You can't help it when you look at this precious baby and know that she was meant for our family. I have truly been blessed with a daughter of God.

Even though she is only a week old, I already feel like she is so big! We put a newborn outfit on her and it was almost to small to fit her head through :)

Here are some facts about Paige:
-She has a dimple on her right cheek
-She loves to smile
-She likes to sleep on her side
-She loves to be held
-She eats really well and doesn't spit up too much
-She is getting better at sleeping longer through the night
-She misses her daddy!!!

6 comments:

  1. well you have me in tears! she is so precious and sweet and beautiful! it will be so nice to have you all together as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING all the updates Lisa! Don't let her grow too much before you get back to Missouri! I seriously can't wait to hold her. Way to go on making it through the 1st week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I seriously cant get over how cute she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa ApplonieMay 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM

    Are Grandpa's allowed to cry too because those pictures brought tears to my eyes? Hoping we're still on schedule for this weekend. Grandma Applonie and I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, all of these pictures are amazing. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. She is beautiful and you look so amazingly happy. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet little babe. what adorable pictures! I'm a fan of the close ups...you get to see all those precious little details :) Way to survive your first week! and Happy 1st Mother's Day! Can't wait to see that little button in the real life!

    ReplyDelete